Welcome to another episode of SEO Dojo Radio’s Regulators. This week Dave, Steve and Terry were all in the house causing the usual chaos and mayhem! The crew discussed a recent post on ranking factors upon which Bill Slawski joined in on the fun adding his words of caution and guidance on this with the guys! Bill was invited to discuss his thorough post on the PageRank Replacement patent approval that looks to be pulling together some older ranking factors like topic sensitive Page Rank; some tweaks to the passing of internal link equity and more!
Next on the agenda was The Search Congress initiative by SEMPO. Bill was in full SnarkNado mode and we all had a good laugh at the expense of the initiative. Oh well! It is, what it is and personally, Webmaster T thinks he was dumb to think that it would ever change! No linkage…. because we do not support any of that nonsense because the industry deserves more… much more! Lastly we covered a post on using spam methods to leverage Google’s use of click analysis on a SERP for Negative SEO. For long time SERP out strategist’s like T and David they’ve known for years that click analysis has been baked into the algo! Not many people really discussed it because it was a huge advantage and those are the techniques one keeps to themselves or shares with a closed community or better still… your closest friends who can actually exploit it!
Here’s the video version:
References not Discussed but Worth a Look See!
- Google Smokes Freebase! Switching to WikiData
- For the local SEO – Bill Hartzer — how to get into D&B
- Panda pages de-indexed?
- Yahoo surpass twitter For Mobile ads
- Interesting post on click fraud and Google’s new ad strategy
- Have google places descriptors been grandfathered in? possibly or it’s a massive manual edit?
- Semantic web business models marketing perspective by Jan William Bobbink
- Dojo Member Jan William Bobbink wrote this great piece on how schema actions can be used in Google email